Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hallowe'en and Hockey Decorating Tips


by Lisa O.
There's still time to scare up a lawn display for this weekend. Here's the work of Mac, a hockey player in Nova Scotia.  Her "The Ghost of Injuries Past"  creation just might spook trick or treaters this weekend. In Mac's words...

Doug and I drove by a place that had a Halloween dummy out front that looked like a hockey player. I thought it would be neat if we had one, only this one has injuries similar to what I've had in the past. Think the neighbors might get a kick out of it, as they know my history.



And if you still haven't taken the knife to the pumkin yet, there's always the classic hockey mask look....
 
 
 
Okay, mine isn't the greatest (the one on the right). Here is a link to a stencil to print out for your orange gourd masterpiece (not the same one I used)
 
hockey mask stencil
 
And here's a link to a hockey player pattern...
 
hockey player pattern
 
Have a safe n' Happy Hallowe'en!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was cruising the web and was happy to see my hockey mask pumpkin on your page. I am the pumpkin artist that designed the hockey mask carving pattern for Sports Illustrated for Kids.

    ReplyDelete