Monday, May 3, 2010

My Heart Going Boom, Boom, Boom...

Blackhawks earned their surf n' turf tonight

Game Two: Canucks 2 vs. Blackhawks 4


series tied 1-1

By Lisa Ovens

Before I take off my Canuck colored glasses I will say this: If there was one difference between games one and two in United Center, the Canucks were by far closer to winning game two than the Blackhawks were to winning game one.

Loved the first period, with two fast goals from Mason Raymond and Mikael Samuelsson. But, heart rates jumped up in Vancouver city during the second period as the Blackhawks started getting their foot hold on the game. Going into the third with only a one goal lead had me screaming from the sofa, “Gotta get another one quick boys, and show those kids who’s in charge”. The Canucks had there chances on the power play, but couldn’t convert: the Sedins not looking like their usual wondertwin selves.

Last three minutes of the game and I’m on the phone to Jan Snyder in Texas: “I can’t take this right now” I yelled. But the Blackhawks pressed enough to get a short handed goal, and those just sting! As did the empty net goal at the end of the game. Final score 4-2. Still on the phone with Jan, we discuss the similarities between the Pens and Nucks as they travel along their playoff paths. I felt better after talking to Jan.

Canucks goal tender, Roberto Luongo did what he could to keep the team in the game with multiple big saves. On the Bhawk side, Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith have definitely picked up their play. I was wondering when those two were going to get their act together – yikes!


                         a windy evening in Vancouver shall cool us down

We got the split as the series moves to Vancouver for Wednesday’s game three, BHawk fans got something to cheer about tonight, and my heart rate finally appears to be back to normal.

Game Three Wed. May 5th, 2010 6:30pm PST
Game Four Fri. May 7th, 2010 6:30pm PST

My heart going boom boom boom
"Son," he said "Grab your things,
I've come to take you home."
-lyrics from the Song Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel
He also writes about the wind in that tune, too ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment